Sunday, October 09, 2005

"Message from a Tree"

by Patty "Crow Silly"
posted at the Earthboppin Board


As I sat beside the Fire
I closed my eyes to Pray
for Harmony, LOVE and Peace
to enter Our Hearts Today.
As I opened my eyes
I looked out and saw a face
in the high treetop across the way.
I said, "Hi, Grandfather!"
and smiled , closing my eyes in Prayere once more.
When I opened them again another Tree was smiling back.
Then this Sacred Brother Tree told me a story;


There in my mind was a Tree.
It lived long and grew strong.
One day a Storm came.
Rain and Hail struck it
and Lightning split it open.
That Winter Water gathered in the crack
and ice split it even more.
In the Spring Insects lived there,
Sqirrel chewed away the bark
and picked out some fine grubs,
then Woodpecker got some from deeper within.
All this time the Tree stood silent,
never a complaint, not one grumble.
As It's last leaf fell to the Ground
It Stood there, some would say 'dead',
but It was a standing monument Praising Creator ,
It's SPIRIT still strong.

Then I saw a poor couple
wandering in the wilderness,
the Woman's belly large with Child.
The Husband found this Sacred Tree,
gathered up some wood and headed back.
He started a Fire and they kept warm beside it.
In the Night the baby was born.
I saw as the Child opened his eyes
and peered into the Flames,
remembering still the same colors
from the Womb he had just left.

Then I saw an old Man sitting beside a Fire,
breathing his last Breath and watching the final flicker.
It is the same Flame the Baby saw.
Then I saw the two of them,
the Baby and the Elder,
sitting side-by-side
around a Fire in the Heavens,
where They were One.

No comments: