Monday, February 20, 2006

For Mother Earth

Mother earth is safe
No one need rescue her
She is perfectly capable of her own release
From the fullness of who she is she moves, acts, sheds
From the integrity of her system, she purges herself
Fever, chills, sleep
Her body functioning perfectly in the circumstances that she finds herself.
Her lovers looking on
I am perfectly safe
I need no one to rescue me
I could save myself should the need arise
From the perfection of who I am I take my steps
I follow her lead
I shed what is no longer needed and cease useless functions
Sever and disconnect
I allow mother her down time
Resting and solitary
I accept my own discomfort
For her, anything
That which was upside down, rights itself
She can do no other
I right myself along with her
We don a new hat, a new role
Together, we become
I whisper my thanks to her and wish us both well

1 comment:

gary j. introne said...

Vimala - I read this with great comfort and warmth - understanding it all. Very nice.

Thanks. GJI