Friday, September 23, 2005

Calling Capt. Scott Burke: I want to see who you are!

Dear Captain Burke,

You are a true hero!
We needed you badly and you came through for us.
It is beyond me why no one has bothered to interview you,
or take your photograph.
I want to see the man that lifted our spirits and that nose wheel until the very last minute.

Here's my email: vimala_111@yahoo.com
Write me!
I want to say thanks to you.
I want to make sure you know what it meant to a brow-beaten country to watch you land that plane.
We ALL want to thank you.

Perhaps you have been asked and declined the interview.
Perhaps you told them "no pictures."
But you don't need to do it for the media.
Just do it for us.
We are just people who prayed you home safely.
We wished and WILLED you home in one piece.

But YOU...
YOU did the real work.
You brought the magic.
You made the miracle.
And I'd like to see you face to face.
OK???
OK...

With all respect and honor,
Vimala

Don't ya hate it when they let the good ones get away...;-)

-------
ADDENDUM, Monday, September 26, 2005:
Here he is!
"He's a pretty laid back, nice guy" they say.
Many thanks for the inspiration!
...And here's to a safe landing for everyone!
Vim

Check out article "JetBlue Pilot from Raleigh"


No comments: