Monday, September 12, 2005

We Are All of It...

I cringe at the news lately. I don't want to look. I am appalled by what we are capable of. I am also humbled by our greatness. Such a grand mix. I see what I love about me. I see what I refuse to forgive. Dark cats of the inner night stalking me. Huge shadows. I run. I avoid. I attack. I process. Still, the darkness remains. Exhaustion. I give up. So now I sit upon the earth. The beast crawls silently into my lap. I allow it. It settles in. Curled up and gone to sleep. I stroke it's furry head. She purrs. And a rainbow tear escapes my eye. It is all me. ---Vim

"When there is a division between the observer and the observed there is conflict but when the observer is the observed there is no control, no suppression. The self comes to an end. Duality comes to an end. Conflict comes to an end.

"This is the greatest meditation to come upon this extraordinary thing for the mind to discover for itself the observer is the observed."

---Jiddu Krishnamurti, 2nd Public Dialogue, Brockwood Park, England, 6th Sept. 1973

No comments: